Preventative Maintenance Guide: Paint Care
Keep your car’s new paint looking great with these preventative maintenance tips from our team
- Do NOT wax your vehicle for the first 90 days, this allows the fresh paint to fully cure.
- Do NOT use commercial car washes with stiff brushes or sponges, they will mar your paint.
- Always wash your vehicle in the shade, NEVER in the sunlight
- Wash your vehicle by hand with clean cool water and mild car wash soap. Using a sponge or clean soft cloth and rinse vehicle well.
- Avoid parking under trees.
- Falling tree sap can mar the paint surface.
- Trees also attract birds. Bird droppings are high in acidic content that can damage the paint. Bird droppings need to be rinsed off as soon as possible.
- Should any fluids such as gasoline, oil, diesel, transmission fluid or washer fluid spill on the paint surface, rinse off with water immediately.
- Do NOT “Dry Wipe” dust from your vehicle. Dry wiping dust WILL scratch the paint surface.
- Extreme weather temperatures, hot or cold, also need to be avoided. Park your vehicle in the garage or shaded area whenever possible.
- Never use a scraper to remove snow or ice from the painted surfaces. Use a soft snow brush to remove loose snow.