Since 1999, the Crash Champions team of certified collision repair experts have been fully committed to every community we serve. Our team strives to be Your Collision Repair Heroes!
Caring For Your Newly Painted Vehicle
After your vehicle has been beautifully restored to his pre-accident condition, it is important to remember that there are certain precautions that need to be taken immediately after a fresh paint job. Please follow these important steps:
- Do NOT wax your vehicle for the first 90 days, this allows the fresh paint to fully cure.
- Do NOT use commercial car washes with stiff brushes or sponges, they will mar your paint.
- Should any fluids such as gasoline, oil, diesel, transmission fluid or washer fluid spill on the paint surface, rinse off with water immediately.
- Extreme weather temperatures, hot or cold, also need to be avoided. Park your vehicle in the garage or shaded area whenever possible.
- Wash your vehicle by hand with clean cool water and mild carwash soap. Using a sponge or clean soft cloth and rinse vehicle well.
- Never use a scraper to remove snow or ice from the painted surfaces. Use a soft snow brush to remove loose snow.
- Avoid parking under trees. Falling tree sap can mar the paint surface. Trees also attract birds. Bird droppings are high in acidic content that can damage the paint. Bird droppings need to be rinsed off as soon as possible.
- Always wash your vehicle in the shade, NEVER in the sunlight.
- Do NOT “Dry Wipe” dust from your vehicle. Dry wiping dust WILL scratch the paint surface.